Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Sony Ericsson C905 major problems!

Hi all,

Im thinking of leaving O2 and just wondered if anyone could give me any advice on whether I can leave with no payments, ive had the phone since Oct 08 when i first got the phone i kept my old number, a week after id had the phone they cut my number off it took them 3 days to sort out no one could give me an explanation why.
I had this phone for 3 months the speaker broke i could only hear people on speaker phone not in the earpiece, i rung o2 they sent me a new C905 within about 3 days.
Last week it broke, same problem, i rung them they sent a replacement within about 3 days.
Received this phone it was broke, i couldnt get a signal anywhere. Again i rung o2 they have now sent a replacement C905! Im just waiting for it to break!!! Ive never missed a payment on my bill is there anyway i can get out of this contract im getting a little *** off with o2 as you can imagine!!!

Thanks for your help!
Anonymous

I'm afraid not - you have to complete the minimum term you signed up for.

AFAIK you're only paying o2 for the airtime contract (even though it's more expensive than Simplicity). The phone is sold at the same time, but is completely seperate from the airtime contract. It is sold to you just the same as it would be from another retailer (albeit cheaper).

You are allowed to use any compatible handset to access your o2 services. o2's only responsibility for the handset they sold you is to have it repaired / replaced if it's faulty, under the manufacturers warranty.

So just because the phone they sold you is dodgy it doesn't stop you buying one that isn't and using that (That's how they would look at it IMHO).

Granted, the phone should be fit for purpose, but it seems that o2 are doing everything they are obliged to do under the phone's warranty.

SV
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Sounds to me as though it is Sony Ericsson that you should be having a go at.

They made the phone, not O2.

O2 seem to have carried out their end of things quite well.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

[ Edited ]
I must mention this loads of times on here.

But i agree with Perksie. o2 didnt make the phone SE did.

The c905 is another problem phone made by se The Speaker problem is common with this model

I have enclosed the other threads and website that may help you.

This problem has been mentioned on the thred loads of times.

Main thread is here

viewtopic.php?t=7694&start=720

The C905 is a problem phone and has many faults with it.

You may also want to read this

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/manufactur ... pe=&terms=

Not prob what you want to hear. Sorry
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Why doesnt o2 save themselves and customers a great deal of time and effort for all by pulling the c902 from their stock until the phone is of a satisfactory build and software quality?

Just a thought
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

They will have some sort of agreement with SE regarding selling there phones.

Norm they only pull them if it gets to a point where returns out sell the selling.

At present, any phone made i beleive in 2009 should be ok and most of the problems resolved.

Appart from software.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Why pull the c902 out from their stock? This person is talking about the c905 they have.

Why doesnt o2 save themselves and customers a great deal of time and effort for all by pulling the c902 from their stock until the phone is of a satisfactory build and software quality?
Just a thought
Anonymous

Why pull the c902 out from their stock? This person is talking about the c905 they have.
Just a thought

pardon my ignorance your highness, i meant c905...
Anonymous

Had a feeling that might be the case! Dont worry i have had a go at Sony ericsson as well lol...

O2 have said if this one breaks they will upgrade me to a different phone so maybe i should just do that... I love the C905 though well when it works!! Any ideas on any other phones that are like it?

(thanks for your help)