Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Some advice on my current contract

Hello

I have been on o2 for about 4 years now, always with a contract phone. My current contract ends in July (so not that long now) however, my current phone is completely useless. Every few days it deletes all my numbers and messages and decides to not be able to connect to the o2 network and sometimes even tells me that the phone has no battery in it when i try to put it on charge. I have a sony erricson C950.

Can anyone tell me whether I have a chance at calling O2 and asking to upgrade early due to the fact that my phone is so useless? Or will I literally have to wait until the last month?

Also, would anyone recommend letting phone 4 u buy me out so I can get a new phone that way? The only problem with that is I think that the monthly charge for insurance with phones 4 u is absolutely extortionate and would therefore like to keep my contract direct with O2.

Thanks for any help.
Anonymous

Re: Some advice on my current contract

Hello
I have been on o2 for about 4 years now, always with a contract phone. My current contract ends in July (so not that long now) however, my current phone is completely useless. Every few days it deletes all my numbers and messages and decides to not be able to connect to the o2 network and sometimes even tells me that the phone has no battery in it when i try to put it on charge. I have a sony erricson C950.
Can anyone tell me whether I have a chance at calling O2 and asking to upgrade early due to the fact that my phone is so useless? Or will I literally have to wait until the last month?
Also, would anyone recommend letting phone 4 u buy me out so I can get a new phone that way? The only problem with that is I think that the monthly charge for insurance with phones 4 u is absolutely extortionate and would therefore like to keep my contract direct with O2.
Thanks for any help.

Well o2 won't upgrade you early, they'll tell you that your phone is still in manufacturers warranty. If your phone is insured, you could try it that way and get another handset to tie you over until your contract is up and you get what you really want.
Anonymous

I have insurance and they wont send me a new phone. They have told me I just have to keep upgrading the software each week and just deal with it basically.
Anonymous

Insurance has nothing to do with the phone being in warranty, and if you're still in your contract period it is. You need to be speaking to o2's customer service people, not your phone insurer, even if the insurance is through o2.
Anonymous

break the phone and send it to the insurance.. That is, if your cover includes accidental damage....
Anonymous

break the phone and send it to the insurance.. That is, if your cover includes accidental damage....

Hmm...Translation: Commit insurance fraud. Nice. The OP has already contacted the insurance team, which is likely to have been logged. If they now try to claim for accidental damage there is a good possibility they'll be opening a can of worms...or at least having to fill out a claims form for extra information about how their broken phone has now become even more broken by dropping it or something Smiley Indifferent

Anyway, the handset is still under warranty so o2 will quite happily fix it for you. You've done the software updates which was a good move but doesn't seem to have done the trick. If you got the handset in a store take it back in with your receipt. If you got it online or over the phone call up and ask to speak to the returns and repairs department.