Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: So, new O2 tariffs - discuss

I think the lady you spoke to has done you a top deal. You may not realise it but the only way to get you 1100 minutes is to put you on. 900 min tariff and put a 200 extra minutes bolt on onto it, this is something else you've been offered free that is not generally available, along with the discount and other bolt ons you've been offered. If it was me I'd jump at it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

@ ecp1603
I think you should look at three who offer 2000 mins 5000 texts and unlimited data and they have the phone you want in stock. You may also like at looking at buying the phone sim free and get a sim only deal
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi everybody.
My situation was sorted yesterday when my shiny new Samsung Galaxy S 16gb arrived from T-mobile. Will cancel contract and get pac code from O2 on Thursday so I can keep my old number then I will be completely finished with O2.
Thanks for all the help you guys have given.
I tried Vodafone first but they refused me a contract saying I was too old, I am 39 for goodness sake and classed as too old lol. Looked at three but my nephew is with them and the signal is terrible, so went with T-mobile as they offered the best deal, instead of the 600 mins, 500 texts and 500mb of internet they have given 1200 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet all for £30 per month and a free galaxy s + a 16gb samsung memory card, So I am well happy.
Thanks guys
Mallorcaguy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yeh it's a good deal what she offered me, however I'm not sure about the limited data cap. Still trying to decided between the networks.
Went into my local Three, Vodafone & CPW earlier to have a chat with them about what deals they have that are comparative to my current/offered contract. CPW were the only one's that had the SE Xperia Play available there and then to buy, Three had the SE Xperia Arc and Vodafone had neither!
The One Plan at Three seems like the best option at the moment for the either phone, by getting 2000mins 5000 texts and unlimited data. Think it was £40pm from what the woman said with the Play being free. However, CPW said through them I could get the Play for £35pm on the exact same deal but having to pay £50 upfront for the phone.
Tempted to stick with O2 for the moment, got some time on my side to decide, will have a look at T-Mobile/Orange and P4U too.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I tried Vodafone first but they refused me a contract saying I was too old, I am 39 for goodness sake and classed as too old lol. Mallorcaguy

...!? That can't be right - did they just outright say you were too old when you asked for a contract? Or did it not go through for some reason, and they told you that your age might have been why?
39, too old for a phone....that just sounds unbelievable.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I tried CPW, but they where more expensive on everything, I got my deal online, the online deals are usually better than if you call or go into the shop. That's what I normally find anyway.
Today was my last day with O2, my number will be with t-mobile tomorrow morning.
I will get a pay and go sim on O2 for our holidays but other than that all my mobile calls will be with t-mobile.
There is absolutely no other reason for being refused credit as my credit rating is excellent, I checked it with experian straight after the refusal, just Vodafone being Vodafone I think. Looking at other reviews of Vodafone their acceptance policy seem unconventional to say the least.
Thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've been with o2, I think, for around 8 years now. I can honestly say that this is genuinely the first time I am considering leaving o2.
The new tariffs are absolutely terrible.
Almost two years ago, I signed a 24 month contract at £15 with unlimited texts, 100 minutes, and a free Nokia 6303 (which was a new model at that time).
Now, the only way I can possibly get unlimited texts is to take out a 24 month contract at £32 per month, and get a load of minutes I really do not need.
For some reason, o2 have stopped offering the Nokia E72, too, but that's relatively minor.
Why are the new tariffs so awful? Why has a service provider that has been so fantastic for years now decided to offer utter crapola?
I will be entering my local o2 store as soon as my contract is up, and if they don't offer me the same deal I'm on now, or better, inclusive of a new handset, then I'm leaving.
I'm not paying these complete joke prices.
I'm sorry to say that, too, as until now, o2 have been fantastic.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Now, the only way I can possibly get unlimited texts is to take out a 24 month contract at £32 per month, and get a load of minutes I really do not need.

That's not right, you get unltd texts on the 300 min 24m contract which is £21, it is still more than you're paying now though.

Why are the new tariffs so awful? Why has a service provider that has been so fantastic for years now decided to offer utter crapola?

I think they realised they were giving away too much for free, certainly much more than other networks. Gradually all the freebie extras have gone, long weekends two years ago, weekend calls last year, and now tjis time the option to have free landline calls or free O2 calls has been removed as well meaning the base tariff, plus a data bolt on if you want it, is just about it. Smiley Sad

I will be entering my local o2 store as soon as my contract is up, and if they don't offer me the same deal I'm on now, or better, inclusive of a new handset, then I'm leaving.

I wouldn't bother doing that as I guarantee the store will not offer you anything extra, as they can't. A chat with retentions over the phone may be more productive as they do have some options for some customers, but at £15 a month you might not be one of em.
Regarding texts though, do you know that you need unlimited? I don't, and as a result I found a new tariff that was actually more useful and more relevant for me. Obviously though we are all different and you can't suit everyone. Changes are bound to upset a proportion of customers no matter what they do.
Highlighted
Anonymous

With regards to the new tariffs - I was lucky enough to get the HTC Desire on release with the unlimited data etc that o2 were still offering back then.
I know its all changed now tariff wise etc and the caps on the data....but when it comes time to upgrade and get a new phone do I HAVE to switch to one of the new tariffs? Do I not have the option of remaining on my current tariff and just paying a fee for the phone and going into another contract?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Kind of - but the fee you pay for the phone would be the entire cost of the phone you want.
If you do anything other than let your contract carry on running as it is then you'd have to move onto one of the new data-limited tariffs.