Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: So, new O2 tariffs - discuss

Hi Sheepdog, I called O2 and they confirmed it is £104.99 for the phone, £21.50 for minutes and texts and if I want internet is is another £6 per month.
I have ordered the phone from another network now, it is due to be delivered on Monday morning, as I said I am going to be on an 18 month contract with 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 1gb of internet for £25 per month, oh and the handset is free. So which ever way I look at it it still works out cheaper than O2. As I say it is a great pity because I have been very happy with O2 over the years but they have no loyalty to their long standing customers which are the words of the upgrades department not mine.
If I wanted the same deal with O2 it works out at £32 for the 600 minutes and unlimited texts plus an extra £10 per month for the 1gb internet, so that is £42 per month on a 24 month contract.
As I say it is sorted now with the other network, don't get me wrong I really would like to stay with O2 but like everyone I am not prepared to be ripped off. Another thing that annoyed me a little with O2 is that I have not been using my full allowance some months normally when I am abroad and the upgrades tried to get me to go on the simplicity tariff and keep my old phone, they did not understand that I am prepared to pay a little more per month to get what I want as from next month I will be using my mobile much much more.
Anyways never mind we will see what the new network is like, if it is no good I will cancel that contract in the 21 days they allow. But it is adios O2 from next week.
Anonymous

Whoever you spoke to is wrong - it's £15.50 for 100 minutes and 500 texts, + £6 for 500mb internet. There isn't any tariff for £21.50 without internet, so I think they've got confused and misinformed you (very easy to do with the way the tariffs are displayed, but still no excuse really!)
You can have the Galaxy S free on the 600 minute 'Bonus' tariff with unlimited texts and 1gb internet for a total of £36 per month over 24 months. Doesn't sound as good as the deal you've found elsewhere, but there you go.
As always, check the t&cs of your other deal for any hidden charges, make sure their coverage is okay in your area etc and go with whichever deal offers you the best value.
Anonymous

Incompetence loses another customer. I think part of the trouble might be tha the tariffs rolled out 26 days later than they were supposed to, plenty of time to forget the training Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

O2 will be losing me as these tariffs are horrendous, I truly believe this marks the end of O2. I have an iPhone 35 tariff which gives me 600m, 500t and unlimited data, these new tariffs for the the equivalent would be 600m unlimited texts and 500mb for £42!! Even the next one down is £37. Embarrassing...
Anonymous

My sister and brother in law are with O2 as well and they was told the very same by the upgrades team, that you have to pay extra for the internet, it is not included as it states on the website, so either they are telling every customer the wrong information or the website is wrong, their contracts end next month too and have canceled both contracts this evening. I have to agree with N3uRO, this could be the end of O2 or at least very embarrassing. It seems very strange that o2 have done this as none of the other networks have increased their tariffs, When I asked T-mobile and Vodafone both said that they have no intention to change their tariffs. And with the current economic climate it is very unwise to increase prices. At the end of the day people want to save money and not spend more when they can get the same product for less.
Anonymous

Sorry guys I think O2 have lost the plot here.Increasing line rental and cost of out of bundle call charges to boot. Yes you now get MMs many ppl on here use them you now get free WIFi, I have it cant find many locations here in NI and yes you now get to use your mobile as a modem (ops whay 500 MB for £6 or 1 GB for 10.
Now lets see three> On the iphone yes you do have to pay £69 pounds for the phone and I accept that and you dont get WIFI that I know. But for £35PPM on their one plan you get 2000 Mins yes 2000 mins, thers my lineline out the door, you get 5000 Texts, 5000 3 to 3 mins (I accept thats only of use if others are on three) and what Oh thats right use of your mobile for moda and totally unlimted data no extra charge of £6 or £10. If you have a phone or iphone then the sim only deal at £25 a month for 12 months is great. Out of budle call charges are 26 ppm if you go over the 2000 provide.
Anyone else still think 02 is great, Ive just spent a week in edinburgh half the time I had GPRS the rest EDGE, sorry do o2 have a 3g Network . I would advise others to shop aroung before renewing contract
Anonymous

Thats all good, but those of us on contract already still have to find the best option for our individual needs, whether to change or not. It suits me to change, it wont suit others.
Anonymous

I have been past my local o2 shop this lunchtime, normally on a Saturday it is packed, but today it was empty, the manager who I know said that word is out that o2 have changed all their price plans and that he has had only a handful of viewers today and not one sale, he has noticed after they have been to his shop they go across to the other mobile phone stores like t-mobile, three or vodafone. Even he said he thinks it will be the beginning of the end as o2 will not change back anytime soon. If a shop manager is saying that it does look bad for o2, I personally think that o2 do not want pay monthly customers any more and prefer pay and go customers instead, I mean you only need to see the tv ads to see they are only interested in pay and go, nothing is ever mentioned about pay monthly.
Anonymous

90% of any network's money comes from contract customers, they'd much rather you commit to 12 / 18 / 24 months + overage costs than go on pay and go.
O2's contract tariffs are really not competitive now though, not really sure what they're trying to do.
Anonymous

Spoke to a nice lady in Retentions, saying that I was coming to the end of my contract soon, and was concerned about the new contract changes so was looking at what O2 could offer in comparison to what I have.
My current contract should be £45pm but I pay £35pm as I got a £10pm loyalty discount back when I upgraded in Nov 2009.
I currently get the following:
- 1200 mins & 1000 texts
- Free Weekend calls
- Free Unlimited Data Bolt-On (they added this for free in error, as it "wasn't compatible with my contract" at the time?!)
- Paid £87 for the SE Satio on it's release to O2
I want to get the Xperia Arc, but they don't currently have that yet, so she said that on the basis of a free HTC Desire S I could get:
- 1100 mins & Unlimited texts
- Unlimited Weekend Calls
- Data Bolt-On of 500MB & Free Wifi
All for £37pm, which includes a discount of £7.50pm. She even offered to call me when they get the Xperia Arc in to see what they can offer. I definitely think that being a Gold customer made a difference, and as always they take into account your average bill over a set period.
With the new contract I'll lose 100 minutes, gain Unlimited texts & Wifi, but pay £2 more and no longer have Unlimited Data. I think the Data issue will vary person to person based on their usage. Most of the time I use the Wifi at home so my O2 data usage is max 200MB, but that could change.
I think they've realised that the Unlimited Data tariffs they had before aren't financially viable (enough), they will need to invest more into 3G/4G as the use of data intensive services increase. Clearly they are looking to charge more for those that use more, and no doubts OFCOM's views on call termination charges/calls abroad have had an influence on their profit margins. These changes to their contracts have been in place for best part of a month (I called them up before and one of their advisers told me changes were coming into place.. didnt realise it'd be like this!)
Apologies for the rambling, but to summate: I think O2 will lose a fair few customers as a result of the numerous people that use data services, best to use Wifi Spots when/if you can get them! I'm kind of undecided whether to stay, as I don't think I'll get as good a contract elsewhere.