Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

So, new O2 tariffs - discuss

Apart from being able to tether with the data allowance, I can't see how I'm not being ripped off?!?
Higher line rental
Out of bundle at 35p/min
Anything else I've missed?
Anyone taking out or upgrading to these new plans must be totally off their nut! Smiley Surprised
Highlighted
Topics: 22
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: So, new O2 tariffs - discuss

Depends, just looking at simplicty 600 + 500MB data seems reasonable to me as it gives you the wifi and some MMS (total of £21) plus tethering. Website ordering form isn't too clear.
The 12 month contract for upgrading customers seems pretty good if you forgo the other increases, which I must say I can't even remember the last time I used up all of my mins!
Link here: http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/paymonthly
Highlighted
Anonymous

My contract is until 1st December 2011. If I want one of the new tariffs so I can tether the data, do I have to sign up to a 12 month contract from now?
Highlighted
Anonymous

They aren't all bad.
iPhone 4 16GB on the 900 min 24 month tariff used to be £41pm with unltd sms, 750mb data and £141 for the handset. £1125 total over 24 months.
It's now £42pm with 500mb of data, unltd sms, tethering, 20 mms and the handset is free. £1008 total over 24 months - a £117 saving Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

My contract is until 1st December 2011. If I want one of the new tariffs so I can tether the data, do I have to sign up to a 12 month contract from now?

No, you can just change onto one of the new tariffs by calling customer care on 202, you don't have to change the length of your contract - it will still finish in December.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well im on an old simplicity tariff and still billed by carphone warehouse,
i was thinking of upgrading as i need a new handset but have mixed ideas now
im currently paying £10.24 for 175mins and 300txt...but the txts can be used 4-1 on photo msgs which is handy. voicemail is also free and doesnt come out of mins.
if i upgrade now i will have to pay 15.50 for 100mins
26.00 for 300mins
if i go over my bundle currently i pay 20ppm the new tariffs are 35ppm, so the 100mins is definately not practical now.
the only thing is if i get a smartphone i dont think you can add a data bundle to an old tariff....
£15pm extra over what i`m currently paying over 24 months is £360 soo i might be better off buying a handset or payg handset.
why r mobile tariffs so complicated....
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's now £42pm with 500mb of data, unltd sms, tethering, 20 mms and the handset is free. £1008 total over 24 months - a £117 saving Smiley Happy

I strongly suspect that the phone being free on this tariff is a mistake, as you have to pay £38.99 for it on 1200 minutes.
The 16gb iPhone 4 is meant to be about £100 upfront on the 900 minute contract I think, so now is a very good time to buy one before they realise their error!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Torch was £25.54 for 500 mins unltd texts and 500mb of data yesterday
Today it is £32+6 for 600 mins unltd texts 500mb so £38 (says £5 discount) £33 total cost today..
How is this justified?
I have 3 Blackberry contracts and was going to upgrade the smallest one to the Torch on the old tarrif in April when the early upgrade was available, if I can't get it for what I already pay for a Torch I won't be upgrading and will be keeping my £10 contract for 300 mins, unltd texts and unltd data so in essence their new contracts have just cost them £15.54x24=£372.
Why would they rip us off like this, I'm an o2 customer of many years I have 3 contracts which I pay £70+ on every month and now I can't even upgrade my lowest contract in line with the other 2...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Torch was £25.54 for 500 mins unltd texts and 500mb of data yesterday
Today it is £32+6 for 600 mins unltd texts 500mb so £38 (says £5 discount) £33 total cost today..
How is this justified?

Because the cheaper tariff you have quoted was the blackberry bonus tariff, not a standard tariff. The higher one is the new standard tariff which is not all that different from the old standard tariff.
It's like saying that now the half price sale has ended prices have doubled and asking how that can be justified Smiley Very Happy
I've been all over this forum like a rash telling anyone who was interested to grab that deal while they can. Gone now.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not sure if anyone knows, but is there any difference at the checkout stage between smartphone/blackberry/iPhone options?
e.g. Previously call merging was only available on iPhone tariffs - something I was always annoyed at. Is this now on all tariffs or only after picking 'iPhone'?
Hope that makes sense!