Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

Did you phone upgrades or retentions department?
Upgrades only offer deals that you would get as a new customer, if you proceed and request your PAC code then you go through to retentions who have the power to offer deals.

Not true, according to what they told me last week - retentions and upgrades have now merged, you'll either only get through to Upgrades or pure vanilla Cancellations.

Upgrades don't offer anything that a new customer wouldn't get, again, as they told me, except for the bolt-ons or similar discounts.

So yes, they have very little on their side now except those bolt-ons or prking on these forums telling you that you're being unreasonable in expecting the great service we've had for years and years until now.
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

I don't see why you have to make snide comments about me, its not as if I was the only one pointing out that you were expecting too much. I just wanted to let you know that all providers are in the same position; the days of crazy deals just to retain people are long gone.
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

So much for.....

I don't see why you have to make snide comments about me, its not as if I was the only one pointing out that you were expecting too much. I just wanted to let you know that all providers are in the same position; the days of crazy deals just to retain people are long gone.

I think the clue's in the name!
prking calls it as he sees it and I have to agree with him. The networks now seem to be matching each other and none seem to want to try and undercut the others drastically. O2 seem to be going down the route of value for money and reputation.
That reputation has taken a bit of a knock recently with network outages and 3G coverage.

Having said that, this forum is usually where customers post and complain about such things. But there are thousand upon thousands of contented customers who don't post on here so there is a slightly distorted view of this.

The point I am trying to make is that O2 do not need to offer crazy deals because the other networks are not doing this. O2 will try and match tariffs with the other networks and we need to wait until the 26th to see what's on offer.
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

At the end of the day, they are in business to make money and we want to save a few quid.... It does seem that O2 arn't as competitive as they used to be...
but as the age old saying goes "if you don't ask, you don't get". My original post was a bit of a rant, as i was just a little miffed by seeing some good deals that people were getting and i couldn't get any :womanindifferent: (story of my life).

But never mind, my options are still open and i'm sure i'll find the right tariff with the phone i want..
Highlighted
Anonymous

So much for.....

Because your attitude is the same as some of the people you get on the MSE forums.. holier than thou, and claiming that the customer doesn't deserve anything.

And if you want to talk about snide (heh heh) comments, I direct you to the one where you suggested I thought O2 should renegotiate their contracts with Apple, just for me Smiley Happy