Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many mistakes .....

frustrated-1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure what to do at this point or where I currently stand so please bear with me while I explain what has happened in the past week - it's long! Any advice appreciated please

I took out a 24 month contract in 2013, after this ended my device was paid off of and my plan changed to refresh.

Last week I went to buy a pay as you go phone for my son ready for christmas and was told I was better off purchasing a contract phone, calling next day to cancel the contract, pay off the device and it would change to Pay as you go. They said they had no PAYG phones in stock and this also saved on the device cost too.

So I did this and the CS over the phone said the contract for device 2 would end within 14 days and they would send out the PAYG sim.

they sent me two and they were the wrong sims so I called again. The lady said my contract for device 2 wasn't cancelled but that she would remove it from my account then and would take 24 hours.

24 hours later it still hadn't been removed. I spoke to someone else over webchat, he said not a problem, he would change device 2 to PAYG and would cancel the contract for that device.

Next day, both my devices are disconnected and cancelled. I was very clear every time I spoke to anyone that device 1 was to stay, only to cancel device 2.

So I contacted via webchat again and they wanted to charge me a reconnection fee and said I'd be signing up for a 24 month contract again. I said not to do that as I was unwilling to pay for their mistake and did not want to be locked into another 24 month contract.

After this I phoned to speak to someone as this didn't sound right. She agreed. She spoke to a supervisor and said I should absolutely not be charged as it was their mistake and she could switch my phone back on there and then. She reassured me it would not be another 24 month contract and so I could leave at any time and that it definitely wouldn't be as this device had been completely settled and the contract began in 2013 etc etc.

My phone is now up and running but guess what.... my account shows a 24 month contract. This is frustrating to say the least. I'd call or webchat but they aren't there now at this time.

I didn't agree to a 24 month contract at any time. any advice? I'm sitting here stewing as I can't yet speak to anyone but they keep making mistake after mistake.

They even at one point sent me another persons conversation which included his name, address, phone numbers etc and securty password details! When I requested they unlock my phone to any network as I wasn't getting anywhere and was going to look elsewhere, he kept telling me the information would be text to me.... on the phone they DISCONNECTED! lol 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yeah, I've had someone else's chat sent to me too.
As far as your contract is concerned, call again at 8-8.30 in the morning when it's usually quiet and get CS to amend it.
If they fail to do it, make a complaint, details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

frustrated-1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, so should this be pretty simple for them to rectify?

Each time I speak to anyone it seems to make matters worse and complicate things further.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Poorly trained staff I'm afraid, but yes, if you find someone competent it's easy to fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4