cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So gutted! No text message informing me that I used up my minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my phone bill and it's a whopping 84 quid!! 54 will be charged on minutes which I would never had used if I had known I had used all my minutes!

Why did O2 never inform me of my remaining minutes like they do to data. I am so gutted! It really makes me want to change carrier or swap back to pay & go. 😞 I am so annoyed right now

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use the my o2 app to keep track of your usage. You dint get alerts for mins or texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Surely you had some idea on your usage. I would be checking if I thought I was getting near the end of my allowance.

O2's stance would be that if you are mature enough to have an account you would be responsible enough to manage it.

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont understand. I was charged 25p per minute when i was on pay & go. Now they charged me 45p per minute cos i switched to contract?? Arent people on contracts because they are cheaper???

Message 4 of 20

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check in My O2 for charges outside your allowances. Being on contract has benefits but P&G does have its advantages, especially when roaming. You really need to check these things before you take out a contract. 

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually you get more allowances on contract so that is your benefit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant understand why they cant be bothered to send an extra text to inform me of my remaining minutes like they do to data and texts. i always thought I'd get one. i never did so i thought i didn't exceed my limit. What a great business strategy!

Message 7 of 20

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Also TuGo and usually more data but to be honest, the way P&G tariffs are these days you have to top up a set amount every month to get your allowances. So when is a contract not a contract?

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a contract when it is binding. Now I cant cancel it without paying the termination fee 😞

Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm afraid you have to take responsibility for your own account management.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20