cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snack Games

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been charged £35.88 over 3 months for some subscription I never sign up for. I'm 42 I don't play games online especially when games are free games on app store.

I thought these telephone subscription and text STOP to unsubscribe scams ended in the 00s. Left voice mail for them return my money. Else I'll bring the rain hard down on them as I'm one stubborn son on a ****** with principles.

Also O2 have the ability to block these subscriptions but they choose not to make it the default. Since the majority of people would want this as default, clearly O2 is making money from these scams also.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and all, a bit of time has passed since this topic was active, but just wanted to share some information regarding bars/blocks that are available as it relates to the discussion above. slight_smile

Regarding these sort of ones, you could put a bar called "Bar all direct to bill debits" if it's a Charge to Mobile type recurring payment. Problem with this is that it will then stop any that you might actually want to have...

If it’s reverse charge text messages, our Gurus advise sending STOP to the number and it should confirm subscription stopped. They also advise going to the site https://psauthority.org.uk/

And regarding the types of bars available, thought this might be of interest to you @Cleoriff@Bambino@MI5@jonsie

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits (as above)
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070 etc.)
  • International Bar (bars calling out from UK)
  • Adult Bar (stops 18+ services access for web)
  • Bar all inbound calls when roaming outside UK
  • Bar all outgoing international calls (blocks calls from UK to overseas)
  • Bothway bar (blocks calls in and out)
  • Chat bar (blocks over 18 chat services)
  • Class 9 bar (block when arrears)
  • GPRS bar (blocks data)
  • IMEI Bar (phone's serial number blocked and blacklisted)
  • Incoming call bar (calls inbound are blocked)
  • Outgoing call bar (calls outbound are blocked)
  • Roaming bar (Can't use phone outside UK)

Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Great info @Marjo, thanks.
This could be improved further by allowing customers to select some or all of those bars themselves from their MyO2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great info @Marjo I wasn't aware there were so many bars available Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The premium bill to phone bar, to my mind, should be a standard feature where you have to phone up to sign up to a service rather than have to phone up with a complaint before O2 applying the bar. If that was the case then these stammers wouldn't even exist....don't you think? Or am I missing the blatantly obvious?

Message 14 of 19

Rubyable
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I phoned O2 to ask about this text message. 

I was told that this would have come from accidentally clicking on a pop-up advert and one more click and you have subscribed. 

Adrian at O2 recommended that I send the text "STOP" as instructed in the text, but also that he would make sure the subscription was cancelled at their end. 

When Adrian came back he said that he had block ALL future third part subscriptions to my account.  Result.  I recommend anyone with this message call O2 first. 

I have now received a message from Snack Games saying that I have been unsubscribed. Great.

Message 15 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news @Rubyable wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Rubyable
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You are missing the obvious Jonsie.  What would we do with ourselves if the world was perfect?

Message 18 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Perfection wouldn't do otherwise we wouldn;t get married at all LOL

Facial imperfections are attractive to me, they make you what you are. Couldn't be doing with everyone looking the same....

However, in personal finance regarding scams then yes, things should be perfect! Handshake

Message 19 of 19