cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snack Games premium subscription

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst on YouTube today I accidentally clicked an Advert for a premium rate subscription for "Snack Games" and was instantly a text reading:

FreeMsg: You've subscribed to SnackGames for £2.99 a week after a 1 day free trial from Snack Games until you text STOP to 89365 to opt out. HELP? 03308080653

Upon trying to text stop to them I discovered that it did not actually work and it only occurred to me afterward that they would probably try and charge me for texting the number back. I rang 02 and because no numver was coming up for the text message and no charged have come out to the number yet they cannot help me block the number

Has anyone else dealt with these snack games before? Really need advice as I cannot afford to have them charge me premium rates on top of my phone bill.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Community help guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Community help guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous! Sorry to hear that you've received unwanted charges to your bill. worried Please do follow the advice above from our helpful members @MI5 and @Cleoriff to get it sorted out and let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 7

Grumpyoldman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem with snackgames I unwittingly clicked an advert on Facebook due to my phone being unlocked in my pocket and boom... 2 years now of £2.99 a week in charges! I'm fuming, snack games don't respond or talk to me and Facebook don't want to know, o2 are as helpful as chopsticks to eat soup 😩 I'm at a loss. It seems as if this daylight robbery is practically legal.

I have to also point out that I have never played a single snack game in my life or even heard of them before they started helping themselves to my money each week...I'm at a loss, any help would be extremely welcomed 🙏 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose there must be a money amount limit to how much money they can charge people for this sort of thing, or they would be charging people £100 a week if they could get away with it.

There must be some sort of way to dispute these transactions, but most people just can't be bothered and these companies know that to be the case.

@Grumpyoldman It was lucky you didn't accidentally buy a spaceship or something instead. 

Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Premium rate scams are just a way to fleece people out of money @Grumpyoldman.

There are some help guides here on the community, through o2 and 3rd party - links below.

Community help - Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

o2 help - https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/premium-service-checker

3rd party - https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7