Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms scam Latevia Ltd???

SM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have had these charges on my phone bill since april 2017! I had no idea until i checked a rather large bill i got one month.. O2 said they stopped it so they could no longer claim but they still are .. £4.50 a week to be exact! Has anyone else had this problem .. can you advise me of how to contact them to reclaim this money???
Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@SM

Also contact customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus and ask them to put these bars on your account

• Bar all Direct to Bill Debits
  • Premium Bar (calls to premium numbers, 090, 070

This will avoid this happening again.

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

SM
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank for your replies @Cleoriff @Bambino

Reviewed both of these previously but the company details domt appear to be correct.
O2 did tell me they blocked it but its still happening.. annoying much !
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27625 Solutions
I googled Latevia but couldn't find anything conclusive.
I'd contact the PSA directly for help with this http://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/unexpected-phone-charge
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@SM wrote:
Thank for your replies @Cleoriff @Bambino

Reviewed both of these previously but the company details domt appear to be correct.
O2 did tell me they blocked it but its still happening.. annoying much !

I googled the company and found nothing with that exact name @SM.

As for blocking, O2 obviously haven't applied the correct bars to your account. The bar all charge to bill debits would have stopped this on your next billing cycle.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@SM wrote:
I have had these charges on my phone bill since april 2017! I had no idea until i checked a rather large bill i got one month.. O2 said they stopped it so they could no longer claim but they still are .. £4.50 a week to be exact! Has anyone else had this problem .. can you advise me of how to contact them to reclaim this money???
Thanks in advance

I think the company you are referring to is LASEVIA Ltd, based in Cyprus. They are heavily involved in 'Payforit' scams. Take a look at their reviews on Trustpilot. It is, frankly, a disgrace that O2 continue to hand their customers' money over to companies like this. It is clear that the 'services' offered by Lasevia are just a vehicle for exploiting the vulnerabilities of 'Payforit'.

As Lasevia is based in the EU, you can use the European Small Claims procedure to recover your money if Lasevia refuse to give you a refund. Don't let the scammers win.

For comprehensive (and independent) advice on 'Payforit' scams see the faq linked in my signature.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 8 of 10

Irishcol
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks for the above post regarding using the European Small claims process to get a refund for this theft.

They had stolen £160 off me since Feb 2019 and I got nowhere with them by ringing and emailing them.

I got my local sheriff court to do this on my behalf (£20) and within 10 days they rang me up and refunded me, apart from the £20 court fee which I am currently pursuing.

I'd advise everyone who hasn't been refunded to use this procedure as it definitely worked for me.

And shame on O2 for still allowing this to happen.

Many thanks again.

Colin.
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 10