Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 4G on Trains?

TMinside
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Due to a job change I now have to regularly travel from Southend on Sea to London via Train (c2c). 

Annoyingly the 4G speed is terrible. I tend to have plenty of 4G signal, although it's very slow to the point where it's taking 3/4 minutes to load for a basic web page. 

This is not just today and has been going on ever since I started going to London. 

When I've been up to London a year or so ago on EE and Three it was super fast and fine 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I think most networks will drop out at some point during any train journey @TMinside 

I find the same when I travel by car to Somerset and Yarmouth. Nothing is guaranteed to give you 100% coverage whilst travelling.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I think most networks will drop out at some point during any train journey @TMinside 

I find the same when I travel by car to Somerset and Yarmouth. Nothing is guaranteed to give you 100% coverage whilst travelling.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

TMinside
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

I know what you're saying, but this its almost the whole way!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
As always, you need to choose the network that serves your personal needs the best.
If it is a simple issue of congestion you could try using 3g only to see if it helps but otherwise, a change of network, when you can, may be your only solution.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4