cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slight delay in paying my bill this month, options?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on pay monthly with O2 and my payment is due 2 days from now, on th 3rd of May. Long story short, I've been on pretty bad hours at work this month and won't be able to pay it on exactly that date, but can pay it no problem 2 days from then, so on the 5th of May. It's set up to pay every month via DD.

Haven't had a late payment yet so I'm wondering if I should be concerned about my phone being cut off or any late payment fees. Is there by chance a grace period where you can pay a few days after your due date or should I ring 202 and tell them what happened, maybe avoid unnecessary stress that way?

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Without doubt call 202 and explain.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Without doubt call 202 and explain.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Of course you need to ring them up. Also you need to be aware that if a DD fails, your bank will most certainly be charging you for insufficient funds to pay a direct debit.

If you're lucky O2 will be understanding, but they might still attempt to take the DD as it may be 'in the system' already. Although I'm not certain on their procedure, it's quite close to the payment date and we're in a bank holiday. 

Good luck though.

Message 3 of 4

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Would can cancel the DD and make a manual payment when you have funds. O2 should be ok if it's the first time, remember to set up the DD again via my O2 or by calling 202
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 4