Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Sky high bill

Anyone else keep getting sky high bills from o2?

iv had 2 now and last time they told me to check online and i would see that i have gone over. couldnt get online so i left it.

just got another this month of £87.76 instead of £35!

Tried to check online again and forgot my username so got advised to click a button to contact an assistant. instead i got a stupid online form to fill in and asked stupid questions!

i have left them a nice message now just waiting on a reply!

after 2 and a half years on pay monthly and 10+ years on pay as you go i think i will be changing service provider!
Anonymous

Sky high bill

If your getting high bills, its no fault of o2's.

Its likely taht your not on the best suited tariff for your usage.

Give customer servvice a call and they will be able to see if there is a more suitable tariff for you.
Anonymous

Sky high bill

Yes my last bill was silly. I have my phone set up to check for mail which results in a 3kB daily transfer (well within tariff), for some reason, on 2 consecutive days it was 5MB and 10MB, costing me an extra £40. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, I don't know whether it's the phone or network (and no, I didn't actually receive any emails).

Anyone else had similar?
Anonymous

Sky high bill

Thanks for your comments sheepdog. But I only set up this O2 mail account for emergencies (not sure what I had in mind really) and only a few short test text emails have ever gone in or out of it. The frustrating thing is that I can't think of any way to trace what has happened, there's nothing I can find on the phone and O2 can't/won't trace anything. I guess the lesson to learn is to never allow any device to autonomously connect to a network that charges £3/MB, however confident you are in what should be up/downloaded.
Anonymous

Sky high bill

If you are on a £35/month tariff, another solution is to get the Web Bolt-On (as you are entitled to one free bolt-on as part of your tariff) - in this way you can eat the MBs away with no fear of getting charged for them.

Also, how come you were charged £3 per MB? I thought all contracts now are on Web Daily which is £1 per day maximum...?
Anonymous

Sky high bill

Also, how come you were charged £3 per MB? I thought all contracts now are on Web Daily which is £1 per day maximum...?

Web Daily only applies to currently available contracts I believe. It's still £3 per MB on older "legacy" tariffs AFAIK.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Sky high bill

Web Daily only applies to currently available contracts I believe. It's still £3 per MB on older "legacy" tariffs AFAIK.
SV

Yes, it's only the Q08 tariffs that include Web Daily