cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplicity to new phone contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, as above really, i am over half way thru a 12 month simplicity 600 contract..the dilemna i have is this.....i want a new phone as my iphone 3gs is getting on a bit..ph4u have a good offer on the 4s 16gb. now i also have a problem regarding signal in my area ( due to local college being knocked down, you can guess where the mast was!!!!!!) o2 cant say when it will be fixed but assure me it will be soon! (been 4 weeks now ) obviously i want an upgrade but what are my best options for this?? get to o2 to cancel off my simplicity to go thru ph4u or see if o2 can cheaply upgrade me for my hassles...??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compensation will be based on personal circumstances so it will be impossible to answer that question. 

I think you need to not confuse the two issues or it will get swallowed up in correspondence.

get one sorted and then deal with the other issue

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I was under the impression that you could upgrade at anytime with the 12 months Simplicity contract but you can only do it over the phone with customer service.

If signal is a problem then speak to them about some form of recompense if you haven't had a signal for 4 weeks. Your other option would be to sell the phone and put the proceeds towards buying a new sim free phone of your choice.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already asked about some form of recompense, but as the mast is not in place and up and running yet they wont start to offer me anything yet as i was told yesterday by customer service manager. Myself and my wife have the same problem, i am on simplicity where she has a full contract with o2. what do you think i may be offered as recompense? they know how bad signal is as they have called me 5 times on my mobile and lost signal within 60 seconds and had to ring my landline....

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compensation will be based on personal circumstances so it will be impossible to answer that question. 

I think you need to not confuse the two issues or it will get swallowed up in correspondence.

get one sorted and then deal with the other issue

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah i think you are right, will just have to wait and see what happens. however i did fill out ph4u form 4 upgrades and they say am not....weird must just be thru cs @ o2
Message 5 of 5