Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Simplicity queries

I was out of contract and paying too much, but happy with my phone so I went to the upgrades part of the website and went for Online Simplicity 15 1 month SIM Only. I have a couple of questions as the website wasn't very clear:
1. Do O2 actually send me a new SIM and will this be straight away or after the next bill?
2. Do I automatically keep my number or do I have to request to do this?
3. How much (if any) data allowance do I get on this tariff?
4. When will the change show up on my bill / on the website (I don't seem to have had any acknowledgement by text or email that anything has changed)?
5. Will my broadband discount still apply and will I have to do anything to make sure this is the case?
Sorry if these questions are stupid. The website is just not clear or easy enough to use IMO.
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: Simplicity queries

1. Do O2 actually send me a new SIM and will this be straight away or after the next bill?
Only if you order a new sim card. Otherwise the only thing that changes is at the back-end billing. You are free to carry on however, be careful of your allowance usage as the cutover may be chargeable. This will be pro-rata charging.
2. Do I automatically keep my number or do I have to request to do this?
Yes same number. If you did the upgrade then effectively the only thing that changes is your monthly bill. Oh and the T&C's.
If it does not have a data allowance then you will go on web daily capped at £1 per day if you use it else it will be charged per data used if under a certain amount.. Just looking at the website now, that tariff has no data but add £5 to your tariff to get 500MB per month.
4. When will the change show up on my bill / on the website (I don't seem to have had any acknowledgement by text or email that anything has changed)?
A couple of days and it will show on your online account. You may get a text message saying thanks for the order but generally, it will be online. A blank text to 21202 will tell you what you have left so you can do the maths and see if it has changed!
5. Will my broadband discount still apply and will I have to do anything to make sure this is the case?
Can't answer that one I'm afraid. Best thing is to discuss it with CS.
Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

If you keep the same number your discount will carry on, or you can change it with CS.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

Cheers!
Anonymous

[
If it does not have a data allowance then you will go on web daily capped at £1 per day if you use it else it will be charged per data used if under a certain amount.. Just looking at the website now, that tariff has no data but add £5 to your tariff to get 500MB per month.

it would appear you cannot add the £5 data bolt on (smart phone or blackberry) without it removing the 02 web daily AND the free 02 - 02 calls bolt on, I just got a warning message wnen I tried to add it!!! (im on simplicity 15 12 month)
Strange given that if you go for a smartphone tatiff you also get free 02-02 calls, as well as the data plus so many minutes free
Anonymous

Replied on your own thread, but you can add the £5 data bolt-on if that's your choice, you don't automatically get o2 calls, it's a bolt on. my other post explains more fully.