Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Simplicity for iphone - i'm still on unlimited data?

No, they can't. A customer can only be bound by different terms if they request, or agree to, a tariff change. The promotional unlimited data tariffs all reverted to 500mb at their predetermined time, all remaining unltd data tariffs were sold on that basis and have not been changed, that is why they still apply.
A recent example of this was the withdrawal of the anytime 75 line advance tariffs, people could accept a new tariff or leave, but o2 could not change the terms of the anytime 75.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

the unlimited data you may have on an old tariff is a promotion. as part of your terms and cons, promotions can be removed at any point, so if you dont change your tariff, o2 can still remove it if they want and there is not a thing anyone can do about it.

Wrong again, I've had an unlimited tariff for over 3 years, nothing to do with any promotion.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Perksie, I think the line he swallowed was when in Sept 2010 O2 decided to end unlimited data in Nov of that year, and just to spice up life for customer service advisors, decided to call all the unlimited data tariffs they had sold since June of that year "promotional", even though nobody in O2 had ever been told that before. My pal in O2 CS was furious cos he knew exactly what this meant for him come November and that everyone calling to complain with a contract bought between June and September would be right and he could do damn all about it.
Prior to that there was never anything remotely promotional about unlimited data.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

3 business phones still on unlimited data but that will end when our contracts are due for renewal in mid November if we decide to get new handsets !!
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

the unlimited data you may have on an old tariff is a promotion. as part of your terms and cons, promotions can be removed at any point, so if you dont change your tariff, o2 can still remove it if they want and there is not a thing anyone can do about it.

Wrong again, I've had an unlimited tariff for over 3 years, nothing to do with any promotion.

trust me. i am not wrong.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Why should we trust you?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why should we trust you?

because i know what i am talking about.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As this is an O2 forum for o2 queries and you don't work for them not sure how you can say you should be trusted with technical or billing/tarrif questions.
Highlighted
Anonymous

i have been on unlimited data on o2 since sept 2008 and yes o2 want to change my tariff but they have no chance unless i mistakenly press upgrade to the new crappy tariffs i'll stick to the 4:1 ratio for texts mms roaming thanks i know i can comfortably go upto 5 gb a month if i wanted but i generally use only about 1 gb