Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity for iphone - i'm still on unlimited data?

I took out an iPhone simplicity sim only 12 month contract on the 27th of June. I was told that I would have a data cap from the 1st of october. However, it's now the 10th and I still have unlimited data. I didn't get a text about it or anything either, and my o2 still says I have unlimited.
In fact, my iPhone web bolt on says it will never expire and it also says on the contract summary page that my contract has unlimited data. It's really weird, obviously i'm not going to complain about having no cap but I don't want to go over the 500MB incase I do have to pay extra...
One last thing, I was wondering if it's possible to get a handset upgrade on this contract. As it's sim only, I dbout it but it would be nice to know.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Simplicity for iphone - i'm still on unlimited data?

Not sure about simplicity's, however if your contract was purchased after the cut off date they set then your next billing date after the 7th October your Data Rate will change to 500MB/750MB/1GB which ever is correct for your plan.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As its a rolling contract I would presume you will roll onto the newer ones when they are out.
Highlighted
Anonymous

..anybody know how the simplicity thing works when abroad ... i have the iTs bolt on too ???
Highlighted
Anonymous

micheal do not upgrade or change anything on your contract you will end up losing out i too have a contract similar to yours 800 mins unlimited uk text 1600 roaming/mms or the 4:1 ratio when abroad unlimited data and free call merging for my iphone no visual voicemail though but i use hullomail instead
Highlighted
Anonymous

Do you think he's still waiting for an answer 11 months later? Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy just noticed
Highlighted
Anonymous

just to let you know, you do not benefit from being on unlimited data.
if you have unlimited data (fair usage amount), you can be restricted if you go over a fair usage point.
if you have capped data, if you go over the data usage, your speed will slow down and will not be charged extra.
you are better off with the new data packages.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Don't see how, the old unlimited data had a fair usage, but that only came into effect if you were actually affecting other users of the network, i.e. a lot. Now it's capped at 500MB, a GB etc.
Don't want to revisit old arguments or grievances against O2...
Highlighted
Anonymous

Don't see how, the old unlimited data had a fair usage, but that only came into effect if you were actually affecting other users of the network, i.e. a lot. Now it's capped at 500MB, a GB etc.
Don't want to revisit old arguments or grievances against O2...

the fair usage is more strict now because they encourage you to udate your tariff.
there would be no greivances. the unlimited data you may have on an old tariff is a promotion. as part of your terms and cons, promotions can be removed at any point, so if you dont change your tariff, o2 can still remove it if they want and there is not a thing anyone can do about it.