Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity Unlimited

Hi Guys

I've just switched tariffs to simplicity unlimited which is unlimited minutes,texts and 1gb of data for iphone does anyone know if there is a fair use policy/limit to the unlimited minutes not worried about the texts I've tried a forum search but nothing comes up wondered if anyone who works for o2 on here might know or maybe someone with the same tariff

Thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Simplicity Unlimited

Hi Damien,

Let me see if I can find someone to help you.

Cheers,
Leonard
Highlighted
Anonymous

There's no fair use on any of O2's unlimited minute tariffs, aslong as you're not using a suspicious amount of minutes or using it for commercial purposes, its truly unlimited.

Taken from the T&C's;

Our 'Unlimited Minutes' tariffs allow you to make unlimited calls to numbers of the type that make up your inclusive allowance. Calls must be for private and personal purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:

• in, or connected to, any phone other than the one which it was supplied with or the type intended by us for use with. (For example a mobile phone simplicity tariff SIM Card is intended for use in a mobile phone not a modem. This includes putting your SIM Card into a modem, modem usage or internet tethering on your device unless stated); or
  • in such a way that we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service to our other customers. 

If we reasonably suspect you’re not behaving within this policy, we reserve the right to impose further charges or disconnect your SIM Card or your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first. We may need to manage traffic to protect our network.

On some tariffs, your unlimited allowance is available only for your minimum term.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

It's worth noting that the thresholds are probably pretty high for them to invoke the fair usage policy/terms and conditions. Like if you were using your phone for 20 hours a day, every day for a month - that kind of behaviour is what the terms and conditions are designed to prevent happening.

Highlighted
Anonymous

O2 aren't allowed to have a "Fair Use" on their unlimited tariffs as Offcom would force them to change it from unlimited if it truly wasn't.

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 aren't allowed to have a "Fair Use" on their unlimited tariffs as Offcom would force them to change it from unlimited if it truly wasn't.

That isn't true, O2 in collusion with Ofcom are allowed to market products as unlimited when they are not.

For example:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/has-o2-simplicity-unlimited-texts-changed-the-limit/td-p/207808

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Fair Usage policies exist across all networks for all types of services. The change in attitude in recent months is for providers to be more relaxed in how they handle such "excessive use" policies. Before, a lot of people were on unlimited services and getting in sticky situations once fair usage limits were reached. Now, most providers have just changed what they consider "excessive use" to be something much higher than it was a few years ago.

Unlimited is unlimited even with a fair usage policy in place. There is nothing wrong with a service provider adding a simple clause to their terms and conditions to prevent abuse of "unlimited" services.

PhoneBuff - Search "fair use" on YC =)

Highlighted
Anonymous

Your minutes, and texts are unlimited, providing you are not using the minutes for commercial/business use (as someone has posted above) which O2 would find out and would notify you if you are doing this. 

However, if you are just a high user of minutes for personal use then this is fine, I have seen accounts where a customers usage is more than 3,000 minutes per month, so a fair usage policy does not apply on this tariff.

What I would make clear though is the minutes are just for cross network, O2-O2 calls, or landlines (01-, 02-) while you are in the UK. Any other call usage is NOT included - e.g premium rate calls to 08/09 numbers which includes 0800 (not free from a mobile), international calls (calling abroad from the UK and when you are outside of UK)

Sorry if the above is 'common knowledge' but you would be surprised how many customers still to this day, say they never knew that, they thought it was purely unlimited.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the help guys ok well I will have to see how I go dont think I will be using 3000 minutes a month so hopefully will be ok