Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity Tariff

I'm thinking of starting up one of the simplicity plans (most probably a 12-month contract), but i wanted to know if you were still entitled to an upgrade like other pay monthly tariffs? I know its meant as a sim-only tariff and what not, but it is pay monthly..?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity Tariff

I got told that you will need to be on a sim only contract for 3 months before being able to upgrade.

When i was on o2 pay and go, I ordered a sim only 30 day contract. I stayed with them for 3 months, then asked if i could have a handset. They treated me like any other pay monthly customer.

You can read a lot of people saying they were on the £20 sim only for a few months and get given a cracking 18 month deal with a handset.

So at the end of your 12 month sim only, you will be able to ask for a an "upgrade" so like a handset, or even negotiate for a cheaper tariff next time.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Simplicity Tariff

I'm thinking of starting up one of the simplicity plans (most probably a 12-month contract), but i wanted to know if you were still entitled to an upgrade like other pay monthly tariffs? I know its meant as a sim-only tariff and what not, but it is pay monthly..?

You can't get a phone upgrade on the Simplicity tarrif because a phone isn't supplied with it. So there's nothing to upgrade Smiley Happy

No, as you say, it's SIM only and it's at least £10 cheaper than the equivalent phone tarrif. That's the saving you make by providing your own phone.

As the poster above states, the only way to get a phone from o2 would be to take out a standard phone tarrif. You can go from a Simplicity tarrif to a phone one at any time.

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity Tariff

Yeah thought so, just thought id ask! Thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Simplicity Tariff

Read Sim Only at the bottom of this page. Apparently it is possible to get an upgrade from a "selected" list of handsets after 9 months of a 12 month Simplicity contract:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/simplicity-12
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity Tariff

Well perksie, that's new

My argument still holds for the original one-month rolling Simplicity contract, though.

To get the possibility of a new handset (from a limited range apparently) you have to sign up for a 12 month Simplicity contract. What will they think of next? Smiley Happy

SV
Highlighted

Simplicity Tariff

Hi Strange_Visitor.

I spotted that almost by accident.

As you say, "What will they think of next?".

I wonder what the handset range is like?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity Tariff

Hi perksie

I said "what will they think of next" because I thought the whole point of Simplicity was that you're not tied to a lengthy contract. Then o2 bring in Simplicity 12 month, which is just a 12 month contract, where you can get a phone after 9 months. Just seems a very strange twist on the Simplicity deal.

SV
I'm Cas born & bred, by the way perksie, but seduced by the bright lights of Leeds many years ago Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

Simplicity Tariff

Highlighted

Simplicity Tariff

Hi perksie
I said "what will they think of next" because I thought the whole point of Simplicity was that you're not tied to a lengthy contract. Then o2 bring in Simplicity 12 month, which is just a 12 month contract, where you can get a phone after 9 months. Just seems a very strange twist on the Simplicity deal.
SV
I'm Cas born & bred, by the way perksie, but seduced by the bright lights of Leeds many years ago Smiley Very Happy

Nothing like a bit of seduction I always say. I'm London born & bred but I like it here.