Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Simplicity Contracts (SIM only)

Right, firstly I'm currently a user of a PAYG O2 mobile. So:
1. Are there any offers for moving to contract that I've missed
2. Do I need to unlock my phone or, as I assume, since both sim cards are O2 can I just insert the new one and go?

Ok, now onto the contracts. In the T&Cs it says there is a £15 contract online where you can get unlimited texts instead of unlimited minutes. Is this the case? If so, where is it?

If it's not in fact the case, the £20 contract - How unlimited is unlimited? Are there any extra charges every month other than the fixed £20, or is that it (Remembering it's sim only)?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to check all of this before I upgrade. Thanks for your time.
Anonymous

simplicity

Firstly, you won't have to unlock your phone if your curent sim card is o2.

the 02 simplicity contract roughly broken down is as follows (£20 p/m):

can cancell contract at anytime, implying you give a written letter 30 days in advance.

Unlimited texts = 600 texts

600 minutes

if you go over your given minutes / texts you are charged extra without notification.

I currently have a simplicity and was charged an extreme amount and when I tried to view my bill online it wouldn't let me, I know several others that have this same problem.

My advice is goto T-mobile. They have the same deals as o2 simplicity and better customer service (well anyone is better than o2)

Good luck on you choice
Anonymous

To balance this out, I've never had a problem with O2, and I've been on standard contracts and Simplicity.

Bear in mind "Unknown" is obviously unhappy with O2, yet he / she says they are on O2 Simplicity, which they can cancel with 30 days notice. If they were so bad surely "Unknown" would have cancelled the contract.

With any provider you'll always get unhappy customers. I've been a customer over the years of One2One, Orange, Vodafone and O2, and the best so far for me has been O2.

However, as you're on PAYG there's no harm looking at other provider's offers, although you would need to get your phone unlocked.

Where exactly in the T&C's does it say there's a Simplicity tariff at £15 with unlimited texts? The cheapest one I can see on the website is £30 including an unlimited text bolt-on.

Unlimited texts is apparently unlimited for UK texts.

From the T&C's:
"The Unlimited Text Bolt On allows you to send unlimited texts from your mobile phone for private, personal and non-commercial purposes."

As for extra charges on Simplicity, yes there are none if you stick within your allowance (calls and texts). However some calls aren't included in your allowance: most non-geographical numbers - 0800, 0845, 0870 etc ; any web usage is charged for up to a maximum of £1 per day. If you use up all your minutes, subsequent standard calls (land lines and other UK mobiles) are charged at 20p per minute.

Basically Simplicity is a contract without the phone, so the T&C's are pretty much the same.
Anonymous

Simplicity

Maybe it doesn't say about the £15 I don't know, I thought I saw something along those lines but I don't have time to find it at the moment. There is definitely an option at £20 where you can choose unlimited texts however, since that's on the Simplicity options page.

Thanks for your help.
Anonymous

You're right, my mistake. The £20 option does allow you to choose unlimited texts rather than unlimited O2 to O2 calls.

It would appear the unlimited O2 to O2 calls can't be changed on the £15 tariff to unlimited texts.

SV
Anonymous

Also just to advise you that if you do get the SIMO,, when you get your first bill it will be slightly more than the agreed amount due to pro rata billing, its usually about an extra couple of quid.
Anonymous

Pro Rata

If I transfer from a PAYG system to a contract, how long is this Pro Rata billing period likely to be?
Anonymous

Re: Pro Rata

If I transfer from a PAYG system to a contract, how long is this Pro Rata billing period likely to be?

Its normally 1,2 or 3 days, although there are sometimes cases where this can go on for as long as 7,8 or 9 days, you should be fine though, thats not happened for a while.
Anonymous

Ok, thanks all of you for your help. Smiley Happy
Anonymous

billing...

As my bill was rather high, i decided to pay for it online with my credit card.
However..
The direct debit still went out of my account...meaning i have been charged twice for my bill.
I rang up in order to get a refund and they were ready to take my card details until i realised my card had expired, so I agreed to wait a couple of days until my new card arrived.
My housemate then suggested that I put it on his card so I can get the payment back quicker (im a student who kind of needs the money!)
So I rang back up and they now said that I cant get the refund until the 18th. However, this is when the next bill goes out which will mean it shall deduct it from the credit that I am currently in, meaning I shall not get the full refund.
I do need this money back ASAP as I cant afford paying £96 and waiting that long.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks