Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Simplicity 12 month 300 min plans dropped?

[ Edited ]
Hi,
Sorry if this is old news, but I am on Simplicity 12 month for smartphones (Android), at 300 minutes for £15ish a month which now seems to have been dropped?
See here: http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity ... /12_months
So £20 is the cheapest now with 600 minutes that I don't need.
When did this happen then?
Cheers.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Simplicity 12 month 300 min plans dropped?

4th January. But if you already have it you can keep it as long as you like.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Out of interest, would you have any problems just using the iPhone simplicity for £15 a month in an Android phone?
I've been told different things by different people.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You won't get any internet free on that tariff unless you can get the phone to connect via the idata apn. I have no idea if this is possible. By rights you need a standard web bolt on for an android phone
Highlighted
Anonymous

im thinking about moving to a sim only tariff next month when my contract is due for renewal, the smartphone tariff is a bit of a con compared to other providers, orange, vodafone, tmobile all offer free minutes, unlimited txts and 500Mb data for £15 a month, on o2 its £20
and as for the •Save £5 a month when you sign up to a 12 month tariff thats bull as you dont get £5 off you get 300 extra minutes hardly a saving if you dont use the minutes to start with!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same issue really.
Am currently paying £15.30 for 300' (I only use about 200'), unlimited texts and unlimited internet and my options now are:
1) to sign for another 12 months with 600', unlimited and 500MB internet for £21.50
2) do nothing
3) leave
Any chance I could be offered anything better than the standard tariff? My bills on average are around £25ish (some international texts, use abroad, etc)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Then don't sign for another 12 months if it doesnt benefit you. Either let the contract run on for however long you require it or look around for something which suits your needs better.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I am in the same position. Currently paying £15.something for 300 minutes + Unlimited texts + 500mb data which suits me perfectly. This is a 12 months sim only package with web bolt on.
The new packages mean ill be paying more for something I dont need.
My contract ends in May so do I just simply not renew to continue on the plan I am on? Or must I enter a new contract with the new tarrifs in May?
Highlighted
Anonymous

doric, you have the same sim only plan that I do, such a handy one Smiley Happy if you are happy with it then you can just let it carry on after the initial 12 months. If you don't do anything then it will just continue at the same allowance and price.