Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim won’t work in new device

claire16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just started a new sim only deal with 02. I was sent my new SIM card and I bought myself a new iPhone separately. I inserted my new sim into new iPhone but was unable to activate the sim on that device (there was no service to allow me to send a text to 20220 and the 02 website wouldn’t display the instructions on how to sim swap online). I then placed my new sim into my old device and text SWAP to 20220. My old sim immediately stopped working and the new one immediately started working - but only in my old device! The new sim shows ‘no service’ when placed on the new device. I’ve tried switching on and off and resetting network features. I’ve also removed and reinserted sim. It has been 24+ hours since the sim swap. Could anyone offer advice please?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@claire16 

You do the swap from the OLD Sim.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you can pop instore they will sort it for you. Otherwise contact O2 on any number in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@claire16 

You do the swap from the OLD Sim.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you can pop instore they will sort it for you. Otherwise contact O2 on any number in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@claire16 

Where did you buy the new iPhone from?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @claire16 , hopefully you got your SIM sorted in the end for your new phone. slight_smile Don't hesitate to pop back into the community if you need help with anything else.

Message 4 of 4