Did you mean: 

Sim won’t activate l.

Sctty18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys.

lost my phone last weekend. Phoned o2, they quickly barred Sim and blocked device, all good.

Two years left on contract, so I just had to bite the bullet and buy another phone outright.

Visited an o2 store to get a blank Sim and get my number and plan ported over, was told it might take up to 24 hours. Nothing happened after 24 hours.

so I phoned O2, after 50 minutes of back and forth they told me it’s sorted and that’ll it possibly be another 24 hours.

so here we are, sim is still not active, I’ve tried everything suggested and I’m honestly starting to get quite annoyed, a phone is essential for my work and o2 are literally struggling to do a very simple thing… what are my options? It shouldn’t be this difficult.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Porting can take 24hours, more at busy times. If you want to call again around 08:15am, numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support or reach out to the O2 Social Media Team on Facebook or Twitter - links are at the foot of this message.

Good luck, @Sctty18!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Porting can take 24hours, more at busy times. If you want to call again around 08:15am, numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support or reach out to the O2 Social Media Team on Facebook or Twitter - links are at the foot of this message.

Good luck, @Sctty18!

Message 2 of 5

Sctty18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Appreciate the reply.

it’s been two attempts at 24 hours and still no joy.

it’s not helping that it’s my busiest work week of the year and I’m unable to phone or visit a store until later at night.

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

O2 Social Media work up to 10pm weekdays, and some reduction in cover over the Festive period:

20211223_130553.jpg

Links to all three channels below.

Fingers crossed you get sorted before then though, @Sctty18.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sctty18 

There are bars placed on your account when reported lost or stolen so these need to be lifted by customer service before any sim will work, regardless of it being activated.

You need to stress this to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5