Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swapped, no phone service

Gmefan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been having problems with my sim card for a couple of weeks, my phone (XS Max) kept suddenly not recognising it altogether. Last week I was walked through a number of checks and it was decided to send me a new, replacement SIM out. This finally arrived this morning, and I went through the sim swap process. Followed instructions, waited til old SIM lost service, replaced with new SIM, turned phone off and back on.

Now, however, I have text service, I have 4G internet service...but no phone service. At first I could receive calls (though they all came through as unknown numbers) - but now I can neither receive nor make calls. Can't even call O2 as any attempt to ring out drops instantly.

Is it just a case of waiting a full 24 hours to see if phone service returns, give them chance to swap properly?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Gmefan 

Just wait for it to fully switch over.

Keep rebooting phone every hour or so.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2