Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Jordan845
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So having complained about poor data signal to an agent on the app, I was recommended to try a new sim. So I received an ‘Esim’ a few days ago. I went through the request last night. I wake up this morning to no signal? I have turned my phone off restarted it, everything. Nothing. Is this normal? I wouldn’t be bothered but I specifically told the agent I cannot afford to lose signal on my phone as it’s key to my work. Can anybody help
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jordan845 Sorry to say you'll have to chase customer service again. We are all customers here, so unfortunately there's nothing we can do other than what's already been advised.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jordan845 Customer service needs to enable the esim from their end.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Best time to call is 8 am

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jordan845 

You swap to an eSim the same way as a physical sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update and during the process you scan the QR code when instructed.

The process is all automatic if you followed it correctly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Jordan845
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It took me to the o2 site and asked me for a long number on the back of the esim. Once entered it sent me a text to say the request has gone thru and will completed ASAP. Then when I woke up this morning I had no signal and still have no signal. Having contacted o2 they said it should come back on soon. This was around 3 hours ago still nothing. Anything else I can try or?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Just try rebooting the phone @Jordan845 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Jordan845
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have done a few times now, annoying
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jordan845 Sorry to say you'll have to chase customer service again. We are all customers here, so unfortunately there's nothing we can do other than what's already been advised.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7