Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap not completed

MandyL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My new phone and SIM card arrived yesterday. I did the SIM swap, received the code to my old phone etc. My old SIM was deactivated immediately but my new SIM still isn’t working and it’s been more than 24 hours now. I’ve switched the new phone on and off several times but still nothing. Can someone look into this for me please?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MandyL 

We can't help on here as this is a community forum. Probably the wrong time to do a swap just before the weekend. The only advice we can give is to carry on doing what you are doing, ie rebooting the phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MandyL 

SIM swaps should be immediate and are not day dependent so I'll ask 

@O2Georgina to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@MI5 @  Thanks for the tag, We do always advise up to 24 hours for a sim swap, However @MandyL  I will sent you a private message so we can lookin to this for you.

signature
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

MandyL
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all. I have replied to your message Georgina 

Message 6 of 13

MandyL
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems like the sim swap has completed ok as the new sim works fine in my old iphone7 but it's still not working in the new iphone12.  It just says 'no service'.  Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or do I need to return the phone for a replacement

Message 7 of 13

MandyL
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to update this thread with (hopefully) the solution.  Georgina has found that there is a bar on the new iphone12 handset which shouldn't be there, she has asked for this to be lifted which should happen in the next 24 hours.

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's strange there's a bar on the phone @MandyL. Still I hope all is sorted in 24 hrs. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This has happened before.
I guess it's for security reasons but would be nice for O2 to let you know.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13