cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap from Old PAYG sim to new PAY GO GO GO kept old tariff and lost new one I had paid for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I got a new phone with a pay and go go go micro sim and put £10 on it so I could start using it straight away. Today I went to my older O2 account and did a sim swap to my new phone thinking it would simply transfer the balance across and keep the pay and go go go package I had just paid for. It transfered the balance and number but kept the old Text and Web tariff. So what has happened to the pay and go go go I paid for? and shouldn't it have been transferd across at the same time.

I can see it showing on the web if I sign into the new account but there is no can use it as the new sim now uses my old number.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks John

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144542 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
You will need to call CS on 4445 as the SIM swap process transfers old details onto new SIM so you have effectively overwritten your new SIM with your old tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144542 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
You will need to call CS on 4445 as the SIM swap process transfers old details onto new SIM so you have effectively overwritten your new SIM with your old tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, I rang CS as suggested and it was sorted out immediately.

Message 3 of 3