Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap for new phone

LW0303DRW-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I got a new phone today, have transferred everything over via Bluetooth from my old phone, that one no longer works. But I have no signal on the new phone to do the sim swap - it says I will be text a code but I can’t receive text messages so what am I supposed to do?! Can’t find any way of contacting O2 where  I actually get a response so trying this as a last resort, hoping someone might be able to help! Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

You start from the old sim first @LW0303DRW-, as detailed in this guide:

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

You might need to contact customer services to get the new sim turned on, in which case their details are in this guide:

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

LW0303DRW-
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thank you. Really cross that it is so difficult to do this. I can’t contact customer services from any information I’ve found or that is on that link because I’m not able to make a call - it’s a catch 22! Can’t find any email address, no live chat. Literally at  loss. What am I supposed to do?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27609 Solutions

Put the old sim in the new phone to start the process.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

If you check the guide it says you can use Skype to call the 0800 number - which I would imagine will work as you can access the internet @LW0303DRW- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5