cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap after lost phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone was lost/stolen so I bought a new one from ebay, I told o2 so they blocked my number so noone could use it. They sent me a new sim card out with the same number, so I put the new sim in the new phone but its says there is no sim. Apparently you have to use 'sim swap' but to do this you need a code that is sent to your phone, seeing as i can't activate this sim I cannot recieve the text. Help please!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to contact customer service as it's a replacement sim. You shouldn't need to sim swap, just activate your replacement. Customer service will do this for you.

If you can't call, use webchat and ask them to make sure the bar has been removed from the sim (important)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You need to ring them or use Live Chat to remove the block on your account.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

A sim swap in this instance is not required.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to contact customer service as it's a replacement sim. You shouldn't need to sim swap, just activate your replacement. Customer service will do this for you.

If you can't call, use webchat and ask them to make sure the bar has been removed from the sim (important)

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@jonsie  Does the key to your answer given, lie in the sentence in the OP's post 'They sent me a sim out with the number'. I presumed this to mean that the new sim had the OP's old number on?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes, a replacement sim as opposed to a new blank sim. For security purposes a replacement sim requires activating and the initial block removing.

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Yes, a replacement sim as opposed to a new blank sim. For security purposes a replacement sim requires activating and the initial block removing.

Thank you for that. It was as I thought. I was about to answer the op...then hung back ...just in case wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Thank you for that. It was as I thought. I was about to answer the op...then hung back ...just in case wink

Go with your knowledge that you have undoubtably picked up...you can always edit it as others do wink

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Go with your knowledge that you have undoubtably picked up...you can always edit it as others do wink

No...if I don't know...I am not going to look like a Twonk LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8