Did you mean: 

Sim only

Liamski
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I've just ordered a pay monthly sim only
50 gb 20 pounds a month, my question is now am getting a new number right? So as my phone is an unlocked phone and fits any sim, I take when I get my new sim card through the door do I just put it in my current and phone and on I go?

Also how do.i know when my monthly payment date is?

And it says next day delivery or 1 to 3 days should that happen despite what's happening with the current lockdown? I live in Scotland
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23992 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Liamski Please see this: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/activating-your-sim

You should be able to see your payment date on your MyO2 page. Have you set up a Direct Debit?

We are all customers here, so there's no way anyone would know how long it may take for your sim to arrive. Due to the current crisis, you should probably expect it to take longer. Maybe you'll be surprised?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Liamski 

Have you UPGRADED to a sim only? If so you can keep the sim which you already have. They will simply change to a sim only tariff on your account. That way there will be no need to activate the new sim at all, just carry on using the one you have currently.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Liamski
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have set up an direct debit but its still not coming up
Message 4 of 7

Liamski
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't know if I have upgraded Is the thing? Just says new sim card being sent out and it gave me my new number, so don't know
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Liamski 

It sounds like a new contract. Is that what you wanted?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Liamski 

Then you didn't upgrade. If you want to keep your number just call customer services and ask them to migrate old number to new contract. (When it all arrives)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7