Did you mean: 

Sim only, transferring my old number

JoshH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello 

I am waiting on my sim to arrive, and I ordered this and gave my PAC details to transfer my number to the new sim. 

however I have just received an email saying my sim is on the way and gave me my new number which isn’t the number i am wanting to transfer. 

can you advise on how I can resolve this? Hoping this is just minor and will be an easy fix. 

many thanks 

Josh 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@JoshH 

You will always be sent a sim card with a temporary number, as the transfer of your number to o2 only happens once the sim in active on the o2 network.

So for a couple of days you will have the number you want to move to o2 on its current sim and the temporary o2 sim running at the same time. 

If you dont get a date for the transfer once it arrives then get in touch with o2..bare in mind no ports will happen between Thursday and a week on Tuesday

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@JoshH 

You will always be sent a sim card with a temporary number, as the transfer of your number to o2 only happens once the sim in active on the o2 network.

So for a couple of days you will have the number you want to move to o2 on its current sim and the temporary o2 sim running at the same time. 

If you dont get a date for the transfer once it arrives then get in touch with o2..bare in mind no ports will happen between Thursday and a week on Tuesday

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

JoshH
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, much appreciated. 

Message 3 of 3