Did you mean: 

Sim only customer, seeing different prices for new SIM contracts

nnop
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I'm a sim only customer with iPhone X. i get 12 GB data and unlimited calls/texts. 

I want to get more minutes, and maybe get disney/audible offer. I want to keep my number.

If i go through MyO2 app, i'm offered 25gb for £42/month

If i go through O2 website, i'm offered 25gb plus Disney/Audible for £20

In the past, when O2 shops were still open, i'd have gone in and i'm sure they'd have sorted me out with the better deal. But now i'm not sure how to proceed. 

I understand that i could order the better deal via the site, and then maybe port the number, but i'm worried this isn't the best way to go. I don't want to run into problems where i don't have my number for a few days, nor do i want to pay twice in a month (ie if i have 2 overlapping SIMS)

Can anyone offer advice or signpost me? 

Thanks very much (and keep safe)

Neil

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@nnop 

You need to "UPGRADE" your contract (choose sim only upgrade) not change your tariff.

You will then see the latest available offers.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

nnop
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry i htink i'm using wrong terminology!

But as far as i can see, the issue still remians. Upgrading gives me £42 deal, whereas a new sim gives me a £20 deal. Surely as an existing customer i can get the better deal?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@nnop 

It shouldn't do.

If I go in my MyO2 and look at my upgrade options, I can see all the latest simo deals to choose from.

There are 2 choices in your MyO2, Upgrade and change tariff. You want the upgrade option.

If yours is not working correctly, you'll need to call customer service Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

nnop
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again for your reply slight_smile

I just checked again, and it's the same as it was. 2 different prices. TBH I've always found this over the years, so I go into a shop to haggle for what i want.

Unfortunately 202 are, very understandaby, not taking calls about tariffs/upgrades at the moment.

I'm surprised to hear that you can see the same offers on your MyO2 as exist on the public site. For me, here are the differences:

public site: (https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals).

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 12.18.37.png

but within MyO2:

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 12.18.37.png

I remain confused (though grateful for your help)

Message 5 of 5