cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim confusion

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help!!!

Im about as technical as my 89-year-old nan and im only 35.

My samsung note 4 is smashed. Its too pricey to mend. My dad has an iphone im gonna borrow for a few weeks till im sorted.

Can i get a free o2 sim to fit the iphone?

If so, once i go back to samsung which i plan to - can i then revert back free?

Thanks huuuuugely in advance for ur help
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, no problem at all.
Go into any o2 store and ask them to switch the sim to the correct size. You also then need to call CS to get your data package switched to idata.
If you then need a different sim and data package later on just do the same again.
All free slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, no problem at all.
Go into any o2 store and ask them to switch the sim to the correct size. You also then need to call CS to get your data package switched to idata.
If you then need a different sim and data package later on just do the same again.
All free slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The answer to all your questions is yes. As by your admission, you are technically challenged, the easiest way for you to do this is to go to an O2 store, if that is convenient for you, and they will do it all for you. Make sure you have your account details and some ID with you. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just go into your local O2 store. they will transfer your number to the correct size sim for you. Same when you go back to Samsung.

You will need to get the data bolt on changed with customer service.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks sooooo much guys! Im baffled as to why im being told fixing my samsung is gonna cost me over £160!

Everyone i know keeps telling me to get an iphone 5. I dont want one. What r ur thiughts?
Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The iPhone 5 is already several generations old. You'd be better off getting a new and better Samsung.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everyone you know...?
Don't be a follower - be unique wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You know some strange people. After you have been using the iphone a while you will be wanting to get back to a proper phone LOL

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have to agree with the good folk above....If you are used to Samsung and enjoy using them then go for a newer model. My daughter in law has used Samsung all the time....she broke the last one and is using a 'spare iPhone'. Her contract is up in January and she can't wait to get back to Samsung. She is finding the iPhone quite restrictive..(her comment not mine)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used iphones for many years but i began to find them very restrictive & rather boring as you can do anything on them. I took a bold leap & bought a Samsung. The amount of freedom i get & customisation is amazing. I dont think ill ever switch back.

Also iphone tariffs are ridiculous

Message 10 of 12