cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim cards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I've got a samsung phone on pay monthly and have just purchased a samsung Tab A. The tablet has data (I should probably make it clear that I done use even a quarter of my allowances because I live in the sticks!!)

I obviously got a sim card with the tablet. My question is, what are the benefits of using this different number for the tablet and what are the benefits of keeping to the same number on both devices?? If that's even possible to do on the tablet.

Having an extra bit of data isn't really a factor, since I'm only likely to use all of it when Im away which is NEVER!! Thanks slight_smile

I use tugo because I've no signal at home. If I had the same number on both devices, could I use tugo on two different devices?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Using tugo is the only way to run both devices with same number.
The benefit of doing this, is that you can use the tablet possibly as a phone through tugo and make calls whereas using the data sim won't allow voice calling.
However, you may as well use the data you paid for and use it alongside tugo.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Using tugo is the only way to run both devices with same number.
The benefit of doing this, is that you can use the tablet possibly as a phone through tugo and make calls whereas using the data sim won't allow voice calling.
However, you may as well use the data you paid for and use it alongside tugo.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Worth noting that the sim in your tablet is data only, so that isn't capable of calls or being registered for Tugo.
You can send texts off it though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3