Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim cards deals for upgrade

probleme
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Talktalk broadband provider has teamed with O2 to provide its customers with some sim deals for their mobile. I am an O2 customer and due for an upgrade. O2 does not allow me to benefit from the deals offer. I would like to know why or how to do it

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@probleme Possibly because your phone needs to be unlocked to use a talk talk sim

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I guess because you weren't a talk talk customer !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

probleme
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OBviously, I am a talk talk customer!..

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How is that obvious?
Talk talk offered the deals to their mobile customers when they withdrew from the market, so logically, as a customer, you would have received the offer?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

probleme
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I have sorted my problem myself. Just had to get a new sim card and hopefully will be able to transfer my account without too much problems while keeping my number. finally got to one person on O2 who seemed to know and understand what I was talking about!...

Message 6 of 8

probleme
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@probleme Possibly because your phone needs to be unlocked to use a talk talk sim

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

I think I have sorted my problem myself. Just had to get a new sim card and hopefully will be able to transfer my account without too much problems while keeping my number. finally got to one person on O2 who seemed to know and understand what I was talking about!...

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
But that wasn't the answer to the question you asked wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8