cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card registration failure

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm looking for some advice - i had my number changed by o2 customer services this morning at 10.30am i expected to be without the use of the phone for a few hours as previous number changes have taken up to an hour to get thru - i do understand it may take up to 24hrs - however about mid-day i got the message 'sim card registration failed' should i be worried about this or not - as i've said this is my fourth number change, the longest was an hour before i got use of the phone back and i've never seen this message before - comments??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - tried all the usual rebooting, searching for operator all to no avail - just had a chat with o2 advisor - got the 24hrs line from them so ill need to wait till tomorrow morning to find out

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That would indicate something's gone wrong.

Is this swapping other from a previous sim of yours?

If so has the old sim lost service?

You can try it again yourself via here;

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

CS may have screwed up:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
The phone will report a SIM failure until the new sim is active. Try rebooting the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - tried all the usual rebooting, searching for operator all to no avail - just had a chat with o2 advisor - got the 24hrs line from them so ill need to wait till tomorrow morning to find out

Message 4 of 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Let us know how you get on:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 5