Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working, terrible customer service

Holly11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been trying to get my old number to swap over for nearly a week and I'm beyond fed up with the level of customer service from O2. 

I requested that my number be swapped over when I put the order through for my phone where I input my PAC code and details from my previous network. I had to send a separate form through a few days after my phone arrived as sending my PAC code the first time wasn't enough.

I then had to chase my request form as i had no confirmation on this and where I was in the process of swapping my number 

My number now appears to be switched but I can't receive phone calls or texts. I'm trying to contact O2 about this but they are asking me what my security question is...how am I supposed to remember that after all the forms and information I've had to go through just to get the bare minimum from O2?

My bank tells me what my security question is why can't a phone network do the same? I wish I could've gone with another network at this rate a week later and my number still doesn't work. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Holly11 

You can set a new security question in your MyO2 under your details https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Holly11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't access my personal details as I need to input a code that gets sent to my phone number but I'm not receiving texts due to my new SIM, I feel like I'm going round in circles!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Holly11 

Questions asked are mothers maiden name, name of first pet, name of first school, favourite sports team etc.

Does that help to ring any bells?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Holly11
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I can give it a try. Would make the situation a whole lot easier if I could know what my question is! 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Holly11 

They should tell you that at least.

Usually when you call it will prompt you with the question.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6