Did you mean: 

Sim card is not working

Soldek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Few days ago I've received my upgrade order (new phone and Sim card 5G) but keep getting message on my new phone that simcard is not provisioned. I can't reach o2 customer service and don't really know how to solve this issue. If any one can help I'll be gratefull! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Soldek Use your old 4G sim card if it's the same size for the time being. You can swap to the 5G sim when the crisis is over.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

SRV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Soldek if you are able to use your old SIM card, you can request activation of the new one by texting SWAP to 20220 and following the instructions to provide the 13 digit serial number from the new SIM card. It can take up for 24 hours for activation, but you should have use of the old SIM until that time. When you have a loss of service, swap to the new SIM and restart your device. Hope this helps.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Soldek O2's systems are currently running very slowly, and some parts of it aren't working at all. To avoid losing service completely should the swap go wrong while this crisis is ongoing, just use your old sim. If you are or aren't in a 5G area it doesn't really matter if you have it. You aren't going anywhere for a while.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics