Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Sim card disconnected due to breach of pay as you go t&c

I thought it was going to be the gsm gateway, they're not supposed to give you any details if that is the case if I recall correctly.

Do you use route calls through a system or equipment of some sort for work purposes?
Anonymous

No. Its just a normal telephone which we use in evenings mainly as we are with sky and have free evening and weekend calls. We have a router but its for the broadband and laptops.

Have just told customer services that we want the matter investigated. She said it may end up with daughter being in serious trouble but as she hasnt done anything wrong, I seriously doubt it.
Anonymous

Which model handset is she using the SIM in? Did it come from a reputable source? Has it been unlocked?

These might sound like random questions, but depending on the answers I could offer an explanation. I don't want to say too much, just yet, in case it causes confusion.
Anonymous

Or it could just be that your IMEI number has been cloned and the cloned one has indeed been used in a GSM Gateway. Ask customer service to investigate it.
Anonymous

Thanks for your help guys. Its been sorted now.

I phoned customer services and insisted they carry out an investigation as I know my daughter didnt do anything wrong. I got a response the next day saying that investigation was ongoing and they reconnected the sim and gave my daughter £10 in compensation. So I asked for a letter of outcome of the investigation and got another phone call a couple of days later.

Apparently somebody at o2 entered a wrong digit and so my daughters sim was blocked. I've had several apologies and they gave her another £15 in credit to make it up to her.

Thank you again for the support on this forum. Really appreciate it.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

That's a good outcome, hope all is well now. Smiley Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,254

I think it's ironic that in today's world with everything electronically controlled by computerised systems, you can always rely on good old 'human error'. Mind you, it's a change from 'computer malfunction'. In a perfect world, I suppose we humans should be computer programmed.

Anyway tasnim, I'm happy that they have now admitted the fault was theirs and you have a little compensation for the worry and inconvenience and hope there are no further problems for you and your daughter.