cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

Quick question, when I took my sim only contract I was advised online after having a browse I could upgrade in 2 months 10 days.

When I signed in today to check the price of a handset out of curiosity it now says 5 months 10 days 🤨

I'm not exactly bothered as normally I buy my phones out right but I'm wondering why this has changed?

Yet, it tried offering me to upgrade my sim only plan to a £20 a month, which it states "option to upgrade after 3 months on this plan" so am I reading that as the terms have changed, and it's because I'm on a very cheap sim only deal? (Was discounted via a link).

Why would it make any difference what plan I was on or am I missing something here?

Again, not fussed luckily but just curious as I've had a few issues with my o2 account since the off! 

Thank you in advance ☺️ 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Nobody here can access your account, @Anonymous - you should try calling O2 this morning, around 08:15, to see what is going on, on 202 or on any relevant number in this Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I honestly think it links to how long you have been a customer. Like you, I'm on a sim only plan which I change quite frequently to get the benefit of Disney as an extra. I pay by direct debit as well. I've been with O2 for 15 years. Now I notice I can upgrade after a month of previous upgrade. Mine isn't a massive sim only, it's £20 per month. I'm retired and spend more time at home than I do getting out and about so not using a large amount of data.. Finally I've been sim only for about 10 years as I always buy my phones outright (and not from O2 either.)😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Diesel87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine has done the same today said I can upgrade in 8 days yesterday now today it says 3 months 7 days . I was looking to actually upgrade as my phone broke and now I have to wait another 3 months I rung them as well and they said they have no idea what's happened or why it changed 

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Diesel87 

#We are having a few people complaining of the same thing. I think now the system is faulty. It's giving you a false upgrade date and then correcting it. Normally has to be 3 months.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant say I'm impressed to be honest.

As some of you are aware, I had endless IT issues after porting into O2 and I was promised, by a countdown timer that I could upgrade after 3 months.

Then the goal posts are moved and now it's 6 months.

I think it's wrong, that's just like the electricity company saying you can change your fixed price on such date then whenever they feel like it say oh wait, we aren't letting you for another 3 months.

Maybe its in the terms and conditions so legal but I'd say very wrong.

I'm not fused too much as I'm not planning on upgrading right now it's just the principal of it all.

If an error maybe o2 should look to resolve it and revert those people including me back to the 3 months upgrade date, that would show they actually do care about customers.

Message 6 of 6