Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap

Kernow70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have upgraded to an iPhone 11 following the end of my previous contract. I want to keep my old number, so do I use my old sim which fits?

The new phone came with a new sim with sim Swap information and I am not sure if I should use that as I want my old number. Also, would my new tariff start automatically or is that why l need a new sim? Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If you UPGRADED, then you can use the old sim in the new phone as that will have the upgraded tariff on it.

For upgrades, the new deal is put on the old sim as soon as you agree everything (read the Terms and Conditions emails, and digitally sign the contract).

The sim swap information with the new sim is standard, but unless you have a new 5G phone to go with the 5G sim then you won't notice any difference.

If you took a NEW CONTRACT, then you need to use the new sim and contact customer services to move the number from the old deal to the new one.

Hope that all helps @Kernow70 and if you have any other questions then please get back in touch.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If you UPGRADED, then you can use the old sim in the new phone as that will have the upgraded tariff on it.

For upgrades, the new deal is put on the old sim as soon as you agree everything (read the Terms and Conditions emails, and digitally sign the contract).

The sim swap information with the new sim is standard, but unless you have a new 5G phone to go with the 5G sim then you won't notice any difference.

If you took a NEW CONTRACT, then you need to use the new sim and contact customer services to move the number from the old deal to the new one.

Hope that all helps @Kernow70 and if you have any other questions then please get back in touch.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 5

Kernow70
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Its actually my daughter’s phone and I upgraded via the my o2 app. We put the old sim in yesterday and everything has worked fine apart from her tariff details on my o2 were still showing the old tariff details. Wasn’t sure if that was because I had used the old sim or because it takes time for the new tariff to update?

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

It should have done it fairly quickly @Kernow70 . Give it a over the weekend and if it's not updated then you can message o2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Message 4 of 5

Kernow70
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Great, thanks. 

Message 5 of 5