Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap with new deal

Gerry123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My current O2 contract has been paid off and I've sourced a new phone from elsewhere (but still with O2 network).

As this is not an upgrade direct with O2 (but a new purchase with new phone and sim etc) can I still perform a sim swap and therefore transfer my existing O2 number to the new O2 contract?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yes.
Best way to do it is to make a note of both SIM numbers, and call customer services between 8 and 8:30am.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to ask customer service to migrate your number from the old account to the new one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Gerry123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick answers.

Can it be done online on the usual sim swap page instead of calling them?  Or must I call them?

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You can do it on-line if you like.
https://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
That is the link you'll need.
There is also some help written by a community member here:https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Sim-Swap-a-mini-guide-2017-update/ba-p/1060675

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry no. A sim swap will not change your tariff over.
You have to call to migrate your number to the new tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Migrating your number will automatically close down your old account, as said, call customer service because you can't sim swap two accounts online.

Message 7 of 7