cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Swap keeping same number

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I received my new phone yesterday LG G5 (nano sim). It was a pre order through o2 online. I requested to keep same number. My partner set up phone for me and put in new sim before I went online and set up a sim swap. All good until stage 3 when it stated that a sim swap was already in progress for this number. No sign of old micro sim being deactivated yet an old phone (Moto G) still receiving network.

Has been 22hours so know I am being a little hasty as I'm aware sim swaps can take a full day.

However, My o2 app is showing two mobile numbers - my current one and a new one which is in the LG. So several questions

1) Have we made the sim swap difficult by putting the new sim in before requesting the swap?
2) If so do I have to change numbers?
3) why do I have 2 mobile numbers linked to my o2 account and will i get charged for both? I paid the upgrade fee when requesting the LG.

Confused.com wink

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should have stated that I'm on a pay monthly contract.
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Cleoriff. Havent seen that foem, but did check the fqa part. Will try the form once little one is finally asleep.
Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Call cs on 202 to get this sorted - you shouldn't have 2 numbers so something's gone wrong somewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

If you have problems contact customer services...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There is something wrong if you have 2 numbers showing. Definitely call them in the morning. 

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have submitted form, but unsure if it will help as it asked for a PAC code. Obviously I don't have one as its an o2 upgrade. Been with o2 for past few years x
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

No form will help you as it sounds like something's been processed wrongly.
You need to call CS on 202

But anyway, this is the correct sim swap form http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your replies. Cs it is xx
Message 10 of 12