Did you mean: 

Sim Only to Contract

Abigail83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I hope I can explain this easily.

I used to have an o2 mobile contract that expired in December last year. I was happy with my iPhone so I decided to cancel the contract at £40pm and picked a sim-only 12m contract at £15 since I wasn’t changing device.

Everything has been fine but suddenly my iPhone is dying very quickly 😅 and now I think I need a new phone.

When I log into myo2 it keeps saying I can upgrade, however, I don’t know how this will work if I have a current sim only contract.

Can anyone advise if I might be able to upgrade with a current SO contract or will this make things tricker/more expensive.

I can’t get to a store to ask and calls are taking too long to get through and can’t seem to find a simpler way to explain to the online team so thought I’d ask here 😅

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144373 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Abigail83 

You can upgrade to another refresh contract at anytime from a simo without any penalties.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144373 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Abigail83 

You can upgrade to another refresh contract at anytime from a simo without any penalties.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Abigail83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s great news, my iPhone now decided it doesnt like opening any apps and it’s fully updated so it’s definitely time to change.

Thanks for the help slight_smile
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144373 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4