Did you mean: 

Sim Activiation

Anthony1002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help, because I am loosing the will to live! So, I upgraded my phone and needed to transfer my sim to a 5g sim. Fine. 

I was told that it would take 24 hours max, but usually completed within a couple of hours. Fine. Not ideal, but manageable (although when I spoke to the staff in store, they told me my old sim would work until the new one went live on the new device... separate issue!). 

24 hours came and went. I spoke to an adviser on the phone who told me it wasn't quite 24 hours (although the text I received on my phone shows otherwise, but there you go...). So I waited until the time she advised me. Nothing. I was actually out at the time, so decided to drop into my local o2 store to chase it up there. I was then told that there was little they could do because on their side, it showed as the sim being transfered already. All they could do was give me a new sim, but they told me it was unlikely to solve the issue... so I was essentially sent away being told there was nothing they could do to help.

When I got back to the place I'm staying (on a mini-break), I called o2 from a friend's phone and was told by the woman on the phone that it was all transferred and she made me turn my phone on and off no less than 8 times over 30 minutes... She then put me on hold and told me that the system magically just updated and said that my service would go live at 18:01... ok. Fine. So I wait. 18:01 comes and goes. 19:00 comes and goes. At this point, I call o2 again and I'm told, midway through the call when the adviser started to repeat what I'd already been told that the systems "went down". When I said I wasn't happy, I was transferred to someone else whose system magically wasn't down. This person told me that he would forward my query onto another team but it could be 5-7 DAYS for this to be resolved.

Surely I'm not the only one that can see this is totally unacceptable? When I said I wasn't happy with this estimated wait time, I was just told that "well, it's worse when we're busy". 

I've been with o2 for over 10 years and this is the first time I am genuinely thinking of leaving. I just don't know what else I can do? Calling o2 is redundant - 3 different advisers, 1 I know outright lied (the first adviser) and the other 2... well... one of the other two must be lying also. I've honestly never been so frustrated at a service before.

Help?!?!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@O2Emma ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Anthony1002 I will need to private message so I can look see whats going on.

signature
Message 3 of 13

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will see what can do Thanksslight_smile

signature
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

thumbsup

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Rsben
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@O2Emma I have exact same issues
Message 6 of 13

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

No problem @Rsben I am just going to private message you slight_smile

signature
Message 7 of 13

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

@MI5 This issue to be continued ......

signature
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Faulty sims?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 13

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@MI5 not faulty sim technical account issue chasing up tomorrow 😊
signature
Message 10 of 13