Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 5: Ponderer

Re: Signed up for 12 go data but have 3gb

Anyone else think that these tariffs where there are "free" data boltons for 24 months are a support timebomb waiting to go off?

Not only is it confusing now when people are getting notifications every month that they've used up their allowance when they haven't, but in two years time there will be a bunch of annoyed customers in month 25 of their contract who get stuck with no data at a time they need/expect it to be there when the bolt on finishes. Can't imagine it's going to encourage them to upgrade...
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,502

Yes it will be, the same also for those on a discounted tariff when their bills suddenly increase too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 688

[ Edited ]

Thing is they are pulling customers in now for 2 years @a_hcir. Not sure O2 care much beyond that. They had to give an incentive to people when they withdrew TuGo....People are happy to sign up for the promotion..

Last year I signed up for a simo deal with 50% off for the first six months. I really wasn't at all bothered when it reverted back in the 7th month..

*The Game Is On*

The problem with the 24 month discounts is that many will not know it's just for 24 months and another amount of customers will forget when the 2 years is up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

This is what I signed up which I thought was just 12gb no 3gb and additional free 9gb. Can this bolt on change with a charge? Thanks for all your help.

@Anonymous wrote:

This is what I signed up which I thought was just 12gb no 3gb and additional free 9gb. Can this bolt on change with a charge? Thanks for all your help.

If you login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 you can change your data tariff or bolt ons in there.

Currently using:
Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

Customer service have probably been inundated with calls...... 

Level 5: Ponderer

I won't be surprised if they are, either, and I'm tempted to go down the bookies and put a bet on the floodgates opening for the "I have a xGB contract and I'm only getting a yGB allowance!" (where x = y*3 or y*4) posts opening in October 2019.