cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for 12 go data but have 3gb

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys Hope someone can explain what's going on. I signed up with an 02 2 year contract with an iPhonex with unlimited minutes,texts and 12gb data. Since Christmas Day I've used nearly all my data. My welcome letter says 3gb data.in my o2 account it shows 12gb data and 3gb data somewhere else in my account. I paid £500 upfront and 12 gb data is a must. Can't contact anybody via email or anything. So disappointed.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Anyone else think that these tariffs where there are "free" data boltons for 24 months are a support timebomb waiting to go off?

Not only is it confusing now when people are getting notifications every month that they've used up their allowance when they haven't, but in two years time there will be a bunch of annoyed customers in month 25 of their contract who get stuck with no data at a time they need/expect it to be there when the bolt on finishes. Can't imagine it's going to encourage them to upgrade...
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it will be, the same also for those on a discounted tariff when their bills suddenly increase too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thing is they are pulling customers in now for 2 years @a_hcir. Not sure O2 care much beyond that. They had to give an incentive to people when they withdrew TuGo....People are happy to sign up for the promotion..

Last year I signed up for a simo deal with 50% off for the first six months. I really wasn't at all bothered when it reverted back in the 7th month..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The problem with the 24 month discounts is that many will not know it's just for 24 months and another amount of customers will forget when the 2 years is up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

This is what I signed up which I thought was just 12gb no 3gb and additional free 9gb. Can this bolt on change with a charge? Thanks for all your help.

Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is what I signed up which I thought was just 12gb no 3gb and additional free 9gb. Can this bolt on change with a charge? Thanks for all your help.

If you login to your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 you can change your data tariff or bolt ons in there.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 17 of 18

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I won't be surprised if they are, either, and I'm tempted to go down the bookies and put a bet on the floodgates opening for the "I have a xGB contract and I'm only getting a yGB allowance!" (where x = y*3 or y*4) posts opening in October 2019.
Message 18 of 18