cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal is getting worse

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed over the last few months the signal has decreased.  It's ok in the middle of urban areas where 4G is acheivable but at my place of work and at home where I used to get 3G I drift in and out of 2G and no signal at all.  This did not used to be the case, it coincides with the introduction of 4G services.  Sim card and phone checked, not the issue.  In comparsions to other networks on friends and colegues phones o2 has fallen well behind when it used to be ok.  This has a major impact on battery life as it's constantly searching for a signal. 

The o2 signal checker seems to boast optimistics results from reality also.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence why I am about to jump ship I'm afraid either to EE or Vodafone.
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You have a long way to go on your present contract @wytey- with a poor signal. Hopefully they get round to upgrading your area soon but in the meantime have you tried TuGo for use over wifi at home?

Can't say as I blame you for wanting away, I took one of my numbers to EE and the coverage in my area is far superior. I will seriously be looking at moving the other number at the end of the contract but it depends on personal circumstances at the moment.

Message 12 of 17

wytey-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
just got email re my email complaint, case closed as they are shutting down their email support and to use live chat instead.... Pfft
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
What email address did you use to send your complaint @Anonymous
Message 14 of 17

wytey-
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Did it on their website
Message 15 of 17