cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal been down for 3 days..

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live within the SY21 area, Welshpool Powys.

We have had no service since Thursday AM. Signal comes and goes. Messages will sometimes send, but more often than not wont. Phone calls - if they dial, take around a minute to actually dial out, and then drop.

The service status says there is an issue with the mast. I contacted O2 who seem to think that it's a 3G issue. WE DON'T HAVE 3G HERE. After an hour on the phone to O2, they were still telling me it was my phone, my SIM card and my 3G. Makes me wonder whether they know how to use there own system.

Does anyone have any idea how we can find out when service is likely to be restored? Or why it is down? The towns in either direction (3-14 miles) have service no problem..

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes got it back in the afternoon been off since Sunday but still expected to pay. 

You're lucky, some have been off for weeks, that's a very quick fix.

If you feel so badly phone in and ask for a refund, you might get £4 if you're lucky.

There is no guarantee of continuous service from any mobile company, check the terms.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Berriew.  Same here.  Going to call customer services tomorrow to get it sorted. Haven't had signal since the 29th March.  Getting stupid now.

Message 12 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in Berriew.  Same here.  Going to call customer services tomorrow to get it sorted. Haven't had signal since the 29th March.  Getting stupid now.

They know about it and are working on it:

Berriew.JPG

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 13