cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Covering - Maidstone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello slight_smile

I realise that the network is upgrading to 4G in a lot of areas and I understand to an extent why this is a priority, but I don't believe they are updating in my area.

For several weeks now (I estimate at least 5) I have not been able to receive or send data in my work area. This includes but is not limited to iMessage, email, games and Facebook. As I find the former two quite essential to using my phone even during work hours (or lunch) I'm starting to get quite annoyed by this. I have three other colleagues in the same room who have the same problem. It is quite simply this postal area. I have no trouble whatsoever with any data at home.

I explained this to one live chat - still suggested it was a phone or SIM problem. No. I retried the live chat today and received adequate help of calling the Network Services. (I plan to).

Just wondering how long masts have been down in general recently and when I might look for a resolution? I'd prefer not to leave o2, as I left Orange for them in the first place, but no data signal is infuriating.

There is also conflicting results on O2 Server Status, in the specific postcode area I get (and have done for this extended period):

o2.JPG

But from the general ME14 I get

o22.JPG

Which is pretty confusing. Any insight?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

When you enter a specific postcode it will always give more detail based on the nearest mast but the me14 area will cover many masts and give the overall evaluation of the area.

Masts can be days weeks and even months depending on what is wrong and o2 never give out estimates.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

When you enter a specific postcode it will always give more detail based on the nearest mast but the me14 area will cover many masts and give the overall evaluation of the area.

Masts can be days weeks and even months depending on what is wrong and o2 never give out estimates.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
When it's my main use of my phone it feels like I'm not getting what I pay for, but I know there's still 2g and calls blah blah
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

my wife is the same although it's not Maidstone but the Longbenton area of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. She can't call or barely send a text from her work to me, and I'm only 2 miles away, it worked fine before but in the last few weeks she barely gets a signal. What is frustrating is there is no information from o2 when the mast I assume is down will be fixed. 95% of the calls I make are to her at work and vice versa so I'm not really getting what I pay my monthly fee for.

Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
When it's my main use of my phone it feels like I'm not getting what I pay for, but I know there's still 2g and calls blah blah

High demand on one mast can mean that another nearby is down, so the signal should improve once it's fixed.

O2 won't want the congestion any more than you as it causes problems for thousands of users.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5